With Bitly's mobile deep linking, you can easily set up your custom domain to support the industry standard deep linking methods: Apple's Universal Links and Google's Android App Links. When enabled, all links on a custom domain will be turned into Universal Links and Android App Links that will deep link into your app.
This set-and-forget feature ensures you're providing the best mobile customer experience for all your links.
Creating Universal Links & Android App Links
- Configure your mobile apps through the mobile deep links section in your Bitly account settings.
Note: The Apple App ID and Android SHA-256 Key are required to associate the app(s) to your custom domain.
- Associate your custom domain with one or more mobile apps.
By doing so you are creating a site association file that enables support for the industry-standard deep linking methods of Apple's Universal Links and Google's Android App Links.
- Install the Bitly SDK into your iOS and/or Android apps.
The SDK is used to provide the original destination URL to the app in order to route the user to the expected content.
The SDK also enables you to measure App Opens and App Installs as well as support link deep link creation directly through your app.
- Create a link on the Custom Domain you have enabled for Universal Links and/or Android App Links.
- All links created on a custom domain before and after it's associated with an app will be deep linking enabled.
- You can easily create overrides for any links configured for Universal Links and/or Android App Links.