With Bitly's Mobile Optimizer you can easily set-up your Branded Short Domain (BSD) to support the industry standard deep linking methods of Apple's Universal Links and Google's Android App Links. When enabled all Bitlinks on a BSD will be turned into Universal Links & Android App Links that will deep link into your app. This set and forget feature ensures you're providing the best mobile customer experience for all your Bitlinks.
Creating Universal Links & Android App Links
1. Configure your mobile apps through the Brand Manager section of Bitly Enterprise.
- NOTE: The Apple App ID and Android SHA-256 Key are required to associate the app(s) to your BSD.
2. Associate your BSD with one or more mobile apps. By doing so you are creating a site association file that enables support for the industry standard deep linking methods of Apple's Universal Links and Google's Android App Links.
3. Install the Bitly SDK into your iOS and/or Android apps.
- NOTE: The SDK is used to provide the original destination URL to the app in order to route the user to the expected content.
- NOTE: The SDK also enables you to measure App Opens and App Installs as well as support link deep link creation directly through your app.
4. Create a Bitlink on the BSD you have enabled for Universal Links and/or Android App Links.
- All Bitlinks created on a BSD before and after it is associated to an app will be deep linking enabled.
- You can easily create link-level overrides for any Bitlinks configured for Universal Links and/or Android App Links.