If you need to replace the OAuth token you previously created to use the Bitly API, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Bitly account.
- Click Settings in the left sidebar.
- Under Your Settings, click Integrations.
- Find Bitly API in the list of app connections and click Revoke Access. There may be more than one Bitly API app connection — revoke them all, if so.
Note that revoking a token will break any connection using that token.
- Under Developer Settings, click API.
- Enter your Bitly account password.
- Click Generate token.
- Copy the token. If you leave this page and then return, you'll be prompted to enter your password again to view the token.
You can now paste the token into your code or settings to connect via the API.
Protect your token. If it does get exposed to anyone outside your organization, follow these steps again to revoke the token and generate a new one.